Call for Workshops
We are now calling for trainers who are willing to support the Israeli AppSec community and submit proposals to deliver these workshops on a free/pro-bono basis.
This year, we are looking for multiple trainers to deliver hands-on workshops in English lasting between 1.5 and 3 hours although we would also be interested in proposals for a full day workshop for a particularly good fit.
The workshops should be aimed at developers and newcomers to application security. The goal is to improve the security of all software and grow the pool of skilled professionals in the field.
Topics we are interesting in seeing in proposals include:
- Workshops on common (OWASP Top 10 2021) attacks and their mitigations
- Secure development with modern paradigms such as Single Page Applications and WebSockets.
- General application security mechanisms
- Secure coding guidelines
- Using tools/automation to solve AppSec problems
Preference will be given to submissions which:
- Make use of OWASP projects as part of the workshops
- Use freely available tools and are not vendor focused
- Provide content and exercises which the attendees can take home with them
- Refer to modern technologies such as (but not limited to) node.js, Go, Python, Scala
- Have a strong interactive and hands-on focus.
- Do not rely on downloading large virtual machines for exercises.
- CFP closes: February 28, 2023
- Notification: March 15, 2023
- Training: May 16, 2023